The Peak Program diet and nutritional support
Nutritional guidance and support is a fundamental pillar of the Peak Program.
Not only must a patient understand how their past food choices may have contributed to obesity, just as critical to achieving positive outcomes is adapting to new ways to eat post-surgery.
Regardless of your surgical procedure, it will be impossible to consume the same foods in the same way as before the operation. Knowledge of how to consume enough nutrients required for optimal performance is therefore essential.
Nutritional support is provided before, during and after the surgical procedure.
Participants of the Peak Program will receive the following expert guidance from our dieticians:
- Access to the latest body composition equipment and nutritional analysis tools to provide an accurate assessment of your individual needs and careful monitoring of your progress.
- Multiple consultations with our specialist dieticians.
- Email support between visits, if required.
- An extended exercise prescription appointment is also available (please ask for details).
- The Portion Perfection for Bariatrics kit. The complete kit comes with a bariatric portion plate, a portion bowl and a handy pocket-sized snack bible so you know exactly what to buy and how much to eat.
When you will see a dietician
A typical timeline for your visits is likely to include:
- Visit one: Prior to your surgery
- Visit two: Just prior to your procedure
- Visit three: Two weeks post-procedure
- Visit four: Four weeks post-procedure
- Visit five: Two months post-procedure
- Visit six: Six months post-procedure
- Visit seven: Twelve months post-procedure
Our dietitians collaborate with members of your treatment team including your surgeon, psychologist and general practitioner to ensure your nutrition plan is meeting your individual needs and that your healthcare team remain informed of your progress.
What you can expect from a consultation
Every visit, your dietician will review your progress and discuss any issues or concerns you have. They'll provide strategic tools to help you overcome any hurdles and will set weight and behavioural targets for you to work towards before your next consultation.
Peak nutrition appointments will take place at the Great Ideas in Nutrition clinic in Coolangatta or Broadbeach on the Gold Coast and appointments are now available in Lismore.
Once six allocated consultations have been used, additional appointments may be arranged as required on a standard fee for service basis.
Health fund and Medicare rebates may apply.
Your nutritional support team
Our team members are accredited practising dietitians and advanced accredited nutritionist.
Peak has been developed to include nutritional support tools that will assist and support members of the Peak Program.
Our dieticians have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge in the specialised area of changing eating behaviours and helping patients implement strategies to achieve success.
Learn more about our team members: